RESEARCH FOR DEVELOPMENT IMPACTThe Research Technical Assistance Center (RTAC) supports USAID’s missions, bureaus, and independent offices to make evidence-based decisions. Serving as a strategic resource to USAID, RTAC leverages the scientific expertise of academic researchers to provide timely technical assistance.
Our network is a diverse and inclusive community of academic researchers.
Our researchers provide timely evidence to inform program design and adaptation to accelerate development impact on complex issues.
Our research results will equip decision makers with the information they need to put evidence into practice.
Learn About RTAC Services
Our Areas of Expertise
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Climate and Environmental Protection
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict